CGMA COVID Response
Children’s Garden Montessori Academy takes your child’s safety very seriously. All protocols recommended by health care officials are strictly implemented and followed consistently.
Parents concerns about their child’s safety in pandemic is natural. Proper implementation of protocols are critical in keeping children safe. At CGMA, this is our number one priority.
Our dedicated teachers work tirelessly for your child’s health. All staff members are trained in COVID 19 safety and protocols. The following changes have been implemented in our school for this year:
- We thank our parent community for their continued support. Please drop off and pick up at the entrance door only
- Only students and teachers are allowed in the building
- Health check at arrival and at each hour. Temperatures of all students and teachers documented every hour.
- All faculty are be required to wear masks working with students. Students under the age of 2 will not wear masks as this causes a serious risk to them. Older students will be required to wear them.
- Children are taught proper hand wash procedure modeled by teachers. Handwashing encouraged throughout out the day.
- Hospital grade anti-microbial services is engaged to eliminate germs
- Limited class sizes
- 3 students in the Infant House
- 8 students in each Toddler House Class
- 10 students in each Children’s House and Elementary House Class
- Complete sanitization of materials at the end of the day
- All students will have individualized work mats and materials and work area.
Online Zoom classes for Pre Kindergarten
Hope you are doing well. We received a great deal of requests from parents to provide educational classes for children on Zoom. Though CGMA believes in providing hands-on concrete experience to children, COVID-19 has forced us to think of alternatives. As to honor parent’s wish to have ongoing education for children during this pandemic year, CGMA will provide online classes beginning Monday October 5th 2020 for children 3 years to 5 years. The class details are as follows:
Classes are on Zoom every day taught by Montessori certified teachers
Time: 10 am to 11 am
Parents can choose 2 / 3 / 4 /5 days per week
Classes will include circle time, Montessori lessons demonstrations, reading, science experiments, spanish lessons and art. Each week a curriculum package will be provided to parents that supports the lessons taught on the Zoom that week.
Requirements: Equipment with video and audio features and adults who can supervise their children at home for their safety.